How to Join Pretoria Arms Practical Sport Shooting Club
We have an Occasional Club and a Dedicated Club.
Occasional Club Member:
· You will receive a letter stating you are part of our club which enables you to apply for a second handgun or a pump-action/ over & under/ side By side shotgun under Section (occasional) 15 licenses.
· We will need a copy of your ID document, when signing up.
· R1500.00 Incl VAT for one-year membership including free range use for 1 hour. During social shoots you be will be charged a small entry fee. Guests are charged range fees during working hours and are required to purchase targets separately.
· Limited free-range use per day. Guests will still be charged.
Dedicated Club Member:
· Membership Fee for one year is R2500.00 Incl VAT (pro rata fee is charged during the course of the year) and the renewal fee will be the same amount.
· Please note every 31st of December your membership will automatically expire as your points get reset according to the SAPS procedures. The club is obligated to report any lapsed memberships. No test needs to be done again once renewing.
· Free range use for one year however on the day of an event you be will be charged a small entry fee. Guests are charged for, as are extra targets. Further benefits may be announced in the future.
· 5% discount on selected items (This does not apply to any item that is on special and applies to selected firearms only) Enquirer for more details on which firearms are covered.
· Dedicated status does not have ammunition qty. limits & allows for the purchase and licensing of arms such as an AR15, Semi-Auto Shotgun etc.
· Club join date expires every 15th of November for new members.
How do I get my dedicated status?
· When you sign up, you need to bring a copy of your ID.
· You will receive a rule book which must be completed (Open Book Exam) at home within in 30 days’ time for us to apply for future endorsements.
· At the same time you will receive a Log book which must be signed and stamped before leaving an event or range that you have practiced at. Only official range stamps are accepted.
· Shot targets will be kept and filed as proof in your portfolio. Once you have achieved your points you do not need to submit any more but do get your logbook stamped and signed off.
How does the point system work?
· You need 20 points a year to obtain your dedicated status.
· If you go to any shooting range just to practice, you will receive 2 points with minimum fired rounds of 50 that you have to shoot to qualify for these points. Remember to make sure your Log Book is signed by the range officer.
· Pretoria Arms hosts a shooting event once a week on a Tuesday (13:00 – 20:00) which will enable you to obtain 5 points by shooting a minimum of 50 rounds
I have now qualified for dedicated status how do I get my endorsement letter?
· Once you have obtained the 20 points, you will have to bring your log book to our facilities where an endorsement form will be filled in for the firearm you wish to license, with a report of all your shooting activities. This will only be submitted once a week due to the back log of requests.
· Once this has been completed, the Endorsement form will be submitted to IFTA and once this has been approved you will receive a notification that your Endorsement Letter is ready for collection. (14 working days for the letter to be issued Via IFTA no exceptions)
· If you require a new logbook due to loss or damage, there will be a replacement fee of R100.00
· If you require a reprint of any club card, certificate or endorsements there will be a reprint fee of R150.00
· Please note: it takes up to 14 working days for the reprint to be processed and issued.
For more information call 010 300 1222 or email